SCHOOLS WE SERVE
Connecting Cultures Mobile Museum reaches schools in communities throughout the Los Angeles area.
Your tax-deductible donation helps students see the world…without a passport.Every donation helps provide an unparalleled cross-cultural experience, inspiring students to explore diversity and discover similarity.Help CCMM reach more students. Give Today >>
Want to be a part of the CCMM team? We’re looking for volunteers to help us install our exhibition, work with students, and more.If you are a retired teacher, librarian, or just someone with a passion for world culture, get in touch to see how you can get involved.
Get Involved >>
Interested in having CCMM bring a collection to your school?Learn more about how we can bring this unique cross-cultural experience to your students. Please be aware that we do our best to work with as many schools as possible.Bring Us To Your School >>
I really think that it was great for you to come to our school and make us learn more about other places. I think you should go to all schools and teach them about how we are all alike.
– Symone S., Student,
Audubon Middle School
Connecting Cultures Mobile Museum reaches communities throughout the Los Angeles area, and is committed to enriching the educational experience of as many students as possible. CCMM primarily brings its Mobile Museum to middle school students at Title 1-funded, low-income schools, but has brought its program to high schools, elementary schools, and private schools when possible.
2016-2017 Schedule *
- August 8-12: Vaughn Charter Middle School
- August 26-September 9: Dodson Middle School
- August 30-September 13: Millikan Middle School
- September 20-27: Manual Arts High School
- October 4-7: Pio Pico Middle School
- October 17-24: El Sereno Middle School
- October 26-November 2: Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools
- Ambassador School of Global Leadership
- Los Angeles High School of the Arts
- New Open World Academy
- School for the Visual Arts and Humanities
- UCLA Community Schools
- November 30-December 7: San Fernando Middle School and San Fernando Institute for Applied Media
- December 2-9: John A. Sutter Middle School
- January 11-18: Marina Del Rey Middle School
- January 23-27: UCLA Lab School
- January 25-February 1: Reed Middle School
- February 10-17: Bethune Middle School
- February 21-24: Paul Revere Middle School
- February 27-March3: Audubon Middle School
- March 3-9: Fleming Middle School
- March 16-23: Johnnie L. Cochran Jr. Middle School
- March 28-April 7: International Studies Learning Center
- March 30-April 6: Palms Middle School
- April 12-14: Wildwood School
- May 3-9: Orville Wright Middle School
- May 10-24: John Muir Middle School
- May 22-26: Webster Middle School
* Please note that CCMM’s schedule is subject to change. Please contact CCMM to arrange visiting our collections at one of these schools.
View Connecting Cultures’ Participating Schools in a larger map
Understanding that students, whether from affluent or disadvantaged backgrounds, often have limited contact with cultures outside their own communities, CCMM aims to provide all students with the opportunity to explore the similarities and differences between the traditions, practices, and artifacts of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
When able to coordinate it with the school, CCMM offers “Community Nights,” staying open after school hours for the schools’ parents, family, and community members. In this way, CCMM enriches the entire community and provides students with an opportunity to be docents for their families.
Interested in having CCMM bring a collection to your school? Click here to learn more about bringing the CCMM cross-cultural experience to your students.